Monday 15 July 2013

You're Welcome Bob Barker

Henry was neutered last week. I dropped him off at the vet Monday morning and didn't get him back until Tuesday morning. I can't believe how weird it was not having him for 24 hours. I missed him, probably more than I should have. I love that dog. 
The poor thing couldn't even control himself when I got to the bet to pick him up. He wanted to be as close to me as possible but I could tell he was sore when he moved. We got home and he check the house out, making sure we kept everything running around the house while he was gone. He broke my heart as he was trying to settle and sleep. He kept whining and trying to find a comfortable spot then got fed up and sat beside me and just howled. Once I was able to give him his dose of pain meds he settled and hasn't appeared to be in any more pain. He has done a lot better than I thought he would with wearing his cone. He just gets frustrated that he is always getting it stuck on things. He also misses sleeping beside my side of the bed, since he can't fit on my side with his cone. I'm happy he hasn't had any complications with his surgery since it was such a worry for be to let my baby go through that. 

I made sure he had some new balls to come home to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment