Tuesday 9 July 2013

2 Years

2 years ago today I married the love of my life. It was a wonderful day.  

The weather was perfect, maybe a tiny bit hot for a very heavy wedding dress, but I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, clear sky. Pretty much all of the days events ran smoothly, without any problems. In fact, the events were only about 8 minutes behind schedule throughout the day. Not bad, I was pretty proud of my planning skills. We got so many compliments about aspects of our day. People loved the food, the decorations, the flowers, dresses and suits, and all of the personal touches. I had a lot of people tell me that our ceremony and personalized vows were the best they've seen. We were able to turn non criers into blubbering babies. My mom still tears up when we talk about the special tribute I planned for her. After the father daughter and mother son dances, I had the DJ call my mom onto the dance floors. As she was standing there confused, In My Daughters Eyes started playing and I joined her on the dance floor for a mother daughter dance. She is one of my best friends, and was a huge, HUGE help as I planned my wedding day so she definitely needed something special on that day. About half way through the song, all of the other mothers and daughter were invited onto the dance floor to dance together as well. The dance floor filled up and the room was filled with love for all of our wonderful mothers. That was definitely one of the best moments of the day.

Another wonderful moment was just before I saw J for the first time. We did a "first look" before our ceremony and I loved it. J and our families were down in a beautiful area complete with fountains, trees, and flowers. My girls and I were just about to turn the corner that would allow J to see me in all of my wedding dress glory for the first time. I remember that I had to stop, right before I turned the corner to catch my breath (and of course, cry). I knew that I was just seconds away from starting a brand new life. It was such a powerful moment and I will always remember it. As soon as I did turn that last corner, J could not take his eyes off of me. His eyes were glued to me as if he was in awe. It was adorable.

I could go on and on about the amazingness of that day, like when I read the card he had written to me, standing in our empty, quiet reception room before any of the craziness of the day started, or my dads hilarious speech, my moms beautiful slideshow, the guests reactions to our bridal party entrance song, speeding away at the end of the night in J's big truck, or the amazing feeling of leaving for our honeymoon. But, I think I've come to learn that as amazing as that perfect day was, our life together and our marriage now is what is really important today. I can honestly say that I love him more today than I did exactly 2 years ago. We have an amazing marriage and I have the most wonderful husband. He loves me so much and he is so patient with me, even when it must be really hard to have patience. He makes me laugh every single day, even when I don't want to. He is the best source of comfort for me, especially as we go through this uncertain journey of trying to get pregnant. I love that I can totally and completely trust him with everything, that I can rely on him, and that I can be honest with him. Although he is not perfect (I mean seriously, who forgets about Valentine's Day?!) I would not change a single thing about him. I adore everything that makes him him. He is my best friend and one of the most amazing men that I know. Everyone that knows him should feel lucky that they have someone like him in their lives.

We have come a long way in the last 2 years. Our relationship is stronger, our love has grown, we have accomplished goals together, and took on trials together. Although I hope our next year of marriage will be a little easier in regards to trials and that we will finally have a new addition to our family, I am really proud of us for weathering all of the storms that seem to always head our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment