Tuesday 2 April 2013

What's In A Name?

First of all this is what is happening beside me right now:

I love him

I'm not terribly creative so coming up with a blog name was tricky. I'm still not sure what this blog will become, but I knew that I didn't want it to be strictly dedicated to what was happening in my uterus so there went all of the baby related titles. I tried to think of saying that represent me as a person but, since I am extremely boring, nothing came to mind. So next up, what would represent J and I together, and our hopefully growing family and that is where "And Love Like Crazy" came from.

When J bought his first pick up truck in years he very proudly announced to me that he was going to start listening to country music because "It just feels right" now that he has a big "hoosier" truck. This led me to my love of country music. While there is lots of terrible country, there is lots of beautiful country music. About a year before our wedding J came across one of those beautiful country songs that he thought we could use somewhere in our wedding. He played it for me in the kitchen of his apartment one day and I cried my eyes out. The song is Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice. It is about a couple as they go through their life together and make things work year after year. Super cheesy right? The chorus of the song is what gets me every single time. It says

Be a best friend
Tell the truth
Overuse I love you
Go to work
Do your best
Don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your praying knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Those simple statements have become somewhat of a motto for our marriage. So much so that I painted a sign with those words that will be hung above our bed (as soon as J gets around to taking it to the shop to clear coat it).

I think it is pretty complete advice for a marriage. In fact, I think the only thing I would add to that list is "Give your wife a back rub every day". Lee Brice, I think I see a rewrite in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment