Monday 15 April 2013

Ugh

I just don't feel good. I've been battling a lingering cold for about three weeks. It never got really bad but I've been waking up to a head/neck ache and sinus pain every day. It's made it difficult to open my eyes every morning and get my day started. I've had swollen glands on and off too which isn't fun. I've never liked taking pain relievers or medication but I especially don't like taking things while trying to get pregnant so I haven't really taken anything to help the pain. I realise that I'm probably just being crazy but I can't help it.

I'm still waiting to ovulate, hopefully that happens in the next few days. I'm on track to ovulate later than I have since I started temping, unless I'm surprised with a positive opk this afternoon. Based on my opk on Saturday I thought I would ovulate today or tomorrow but it was just a tease. My fingers are crossed that it happens soon because I'm just ready to move on. I really hate the waiting and unknown with this phase of my cycle. I've started to o later and later over the last few months and every time I worry that I might not ovulate at all.

The weekend went by way to fast and we didn't do anything other than work on the house and clean. I cleaned so thoroughly that I even put J's iPhone through the washing machine. I don't think I've ever been more horrified than when I pulled the phone out of his pants pocket after an hour long wash cycle. J didn't freak out as much as I thought he would, or at all really. He really is the best husband. He had every right to freak out but instead he hugged me as I cried and told me that it was just a mistake. He said that there's nothing we could do about it now but I think he was secretly happy that I was the stupid one this time, not him. The whole situation drives me crazy because it was just to weird how it happened. We both did weird things that we wouldn't normally do and didn't do things that we usually do and would have saved the phone. It was as if it was meant to happen, especially because I earned the amount of money to pay for the replacement on Friday through an unexpected snow day (I didn't have to work so essentially was given free money).  Turns out Apple has great service and will replace the phone for a much cheaper price than the regular price of a new phone. While we obviously would have liked to keep that money in our own pockets, it is much better than the $500+ that we thought we would have to pay originally.

I'm just cranky today and want the day to be over already. I'm hoping that a nice walk in the beautiful weather with my perfect puppy, bbqing dinner, a positive opk (I hope) and eating something yummy for lunch will lift my spirits a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment